Vita Player is a constantly expanding website and even we have been surprised at the success and popularity of the site amongst our readers, but that has come with some problems… With a small creative team all working in our spare time it’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with providing all of you with a steady flow of fresh content to bring you the best website we possibly can. While all of us working on the site are passionate about gaming, we do have families and personal commitments that mean that we can’t devote as much time to the site as we would like in between everything else so that means just one thing… Vita Player needs fresh blood!
So we’re looking to bring new people onboard to join our writing team. We’re looking for people who are able to give up some of their spare time to help us to make Vita Player the best website that we possible can for PS Vita owners by assisting us with some or all of the following:-
- News Reporting – researching and writing news covering everything and anything to do with the PS Vita from around the globe but with a UK / EU focus
- Reviews – writing reviews of current and classic games following the site policy of covering anything as long as it runs on a Vita (native PS Vita titles, PSP, PS One Classics, Minis and PlayStation Mobile)
- Gaming Guides – contributing to updating our regular guides here on the website
- Podcasts – The Vita Player Podcast will have regularly rotating hosts for the shows so you could be among them!
- Blog Posts – all our team have access to write their own freeform PS Vita / gaming related blogs on the site
- Social Media – we’re not necessarily looking for people to oversee our social media sites but to help promote our site content through existing social media outlets
- Interviews – we’ve already featured interviews with developers and publishers on the site but this is an area that we want to expand on so we’re looking for people to play a part in this
- Show Reporting – for any of the team able to get to gaming shows, we want to expand on our show reporting / coverage
- Feature Writing – original content
While experience with WordPress would be an advantage, it’s not essential as we can train up new team members. As long as you have a passion for the PS Vita and live in the UK (we will be looking for team members from further afield later but we’re looking to expand our UK team first) and have a good grasp of the English language then we want to hear from you! We can’t pay anyone for your contributions to the website as we’re a fan-run site but we do receive some review codes for PS Vita games which are distributed evenly amongst our team (although we do ask our writers to review games from their personal collections as well). We have also used funds raised from site advertising to provide our team members with PSN Vouchers, PS Vita memory cards, headset microphones for our podcasts and more besides.
Anyway, if you share our passsion for the PS Vita and if are interested in being a part of the team then please get in touch using our Contact Form. We look forward to hearing from you!