Continuing their ongoing relationship with retailer Play-Asia, Eastasiasoft have announced that they will be producing a special limited edition physical version of 2016’s twin-stick shooter Tachyon Project for the PS4 and PS Vita. The original title from Eclipse Games was released as a digital only title through the PlayStation Store in March 2016 as a Cross Buy title for both platforms.
Tachyon Project is a dual stick shooter heavily inspired by classic shoot ‘em ups. A combination of a large variety of weapons, many unique enemy types, power-ups and innovative gameplay ensures a long-lasting challenge with new discoveries at every level.
In Tachyon Project, you will take control of Ada, a software program that was designed to hack into the most secure servers on Earth, but has also attained consciousness. After some rather mysterious events, Ada is thrown out from the test server where she was living and out into the internet. However, Ada soon discovers she is unable to return to the test server. She’ll then start a journey to uncover the truth behind what happened to her creators, whom she considers her parents. In the process, she’ll find out that things were a bit more complex than she initially thought.
The game features:
- Story driven twin stick shooter
- 6 different weapons, 9 secondary weapons and 7 perks provide hundreds of possibilities for your ship
- Over 30 different enemy types, including 4 bosses
- Story mode comprising 10 levels, with hand-drawn cutscenes telling the story of Ada
- 3 challenge levels with support for co-op gameplay
- An intense original soundtrack developed to match the style of the game
- Asia exclusive platinum trophy support for the new physical releases
The physical versions are limited to just 2,000 copies each and include the game, a CD containing the game’s soundtrack, a numbered certificate and the whole package is presented in a collector’s box. All of this retails for $29.99 and is available online exclusively from Play-Asia.com and pre-orders will be open in August.