Lights! Camera! SMASH! Independent game developer Fenix Fire today announced Smash Derby, a futuristic vehicular arena-based game show in which the player crashes into competing hovercars at ridiculous speeds. The game is expected to launch later this year on PS4™, Xbox One and PlayStation®Vita.
In Smash Derby players can enter the arena solo, against AI hovercars, against other players in a fierce competition, or in a team based battle arena, demolishing everything in sight. During the mass carnage damaged hovercars lose control, drive erratically and blow up upon impact. Charge your booster to build a massive burst attack causing huge amounts of damage, sending competition flying to their doom. And if that’s not enough destruction, plant mines, turrets, and lasers, blasting any stragglers completely out of the arena!
Smash your cursor into the “play” button below, and watch the announcement trailer: https://youtu.be/sI23w2-0tb0
Features of Smash Derby include:
- Competitive and Co-op local multiplayer, Deathmatch and Team Based modes
- Single player Arcade, Survival, and Strategy modes
- Explosive and diverse Hovercars
- Deploy a complete arsenal of Defense Units
- A wide range of arena hazards and traps
- Old-school arcade action with comically over-the-top game show hosts
- Amazing lighting and particle FX
There is no word on how the local multiplayer mode will work on the PS Vita but we assume that it will be ad-hoc (although we would hope to see proper multiplayer on the PlayStation TV) and at present there is no mention of whether or not Cross Buy will be supported.