It’s been another busy week for PlayStation Mobile here in Europe with another six releases hitting the PSN Store and more updates to existing releases. Refreshingly there are some new developers on the scene once again and it’s clear that Unity is really playing a part both in terms of the steady flow of new titles and the complexity of the games we are seeing.
- Flight World Simulator (Johan Valfridsson) – PSM’s first flight simulator and the biggest title to-date weighing in at almost 1Gb in size!
- Inflatable Maths (Cooply Solutions) – Well presented educational game
- One Image Viewer (MMA Developers) – cloud based image viewer linked to Microsoft’s One Drive
- Pong Breaker (Warren Gaspard) – cross between Pong and Breakout if the title hadn’t already given it away
- Solbrain I – Village (Lightning Game Studios – 3D exploration game
- Steam Lands (Lightning Game Studios) – side scrolling shooter
I have been extremely scathing of titles released by Lightning Game Studios over the last week but these latest titles do give me the impression now that they seem to be a publishing studio rather than a small development team. Certainly, this week’s titles are an improvement on the first releases both technically and in terms of gameplay but they still fall short of the mark in terms of what they offer overall in terms of quality gaming experiences. Lasting appeal and pricing is still an issue with Solbrain I on first impressions offering a game length of under 5 minutes for almost £6 although I will report on this properly once I’ve had the chance to fully evaluate the game.
- Behind You – updated to version 1.20
- COSMOS – updated to version 1.09
- Helicopter – updated to version 1.20
- Raptor RPG – updated to version 2.10