After the release of an updated version of their classic Hungry Giraffe for the PS Vita, Laughing Jackal have turned their attention to their critically acclaimed OMG Zombies as the next game to receive the PlayStation Vita makeover…
OMG HD Zombies! is a wholly revamped full-blooded Vita homage to Laughing Jackal’s Minis title, OMG-Z, which first reared its badly decomposing head in 2011 and is currently ranked in the Top 10 PSP games of all time on Metacritic. For those of you who never experienced the simple joys of zombie-horde-popping the first time around, the undead infection in OMG HD Zombies! is the result of a scientific experiment on a virulent fungus that causes its zombified victims to explode when attacked. Any infected matter ingested or inhaled by a human victim causes them to become a zombie in turn.
That’s pretty cool in itself, but the best part is that if any infected matter lands on another zombie then that zombie explodes too, causing a rapid chain reaction of gory explosions and maximising the likelihood of nearby victims being infected. Wise to this knowledge, your Riot Cop character is able to take down whole city blocks of the undead with a single well-placed rifle round and a well chosen vantage point. And with OMG HD Zombies! Laughing Jackal have added some exciting new features, including:
- Improved Graphics – OMG HD Zombies! has been completely redrawn in HD.
- More levels – Not only have the existing levels been remade, but Laughing Jackal have added 19 new levels, upping to total to 100.
- More Zombies – Laughing Jackal have added 3 new classes of zombie to the original five.
- More Upgrades – Laughing Jackal have boosted the number of upgrades, bringing the total to 100.
- Trophies – 12 new trophies to unlock, achieved via a mixture of game completion and fulfilling special gameplay conditions.
- Online Leaderboards – Compare your skills to the best zombie slayers around the world with over 100 leaderboards.
- Touch Controls – Choose between the traditional control method and the brand new touch screen control method.
- Prestige Mode – Something extra for the completionists out there. Complete the game to 100% Platinum standard and you can Prestige the game and start over again. As a thank you for Prestiging and starting the game over, you get a multiplier to your leaderboard ranking that increases with every Prestige level. You can Prestige up to 20 times and get some truly HUGE scores!
- New Comics – As well as 2 new endings, we reveal more of the back story to the zombie outbreak in our specially extended comic book intro.
Laughing Jackal will be revealing more about some of those new features on the Laughing Jackal Blog over the coming weeks. One thing we are excited about here at Vita Player is the fact that Laughing Jackal said recently that they were working on three PS Vita games and that two were updates of their older games and one was brand new. With the confirmation of this, we have now seen the updates so what IS this new title…?