Launched for PlayStation Mobile on 10th September 2014 by indie developer Tiziano Bizzini, Jaggy Race! was initially developed for iOS (as jAggy Race) and released in September 2011 by SevenOnly, a two man development team.
Taking inspiration from retro classics from the 80s and 90s, Jaggy Race! is a 3D kart based, gravity defying speed-platform reliant on quick reactions and mastery of speed.
- 36 unique tracks across 6 themed worlds
- Direct access to all worlds from the beginning
- 6 karts to unlock
- “Turbo-Start” for a faster start
- “Pro-Mode” to use accelerometers and get more control over your kart
- “Easy Camera” to get an easier game view
- 60FPS graphics
- PlayStation Mobile format developed in Unity to take advantage of the extra performance offered by the PlayStation Vita hardware
- Sheep! 60 sheep challenges!
Gamers and critics alike have warmed to the game, comparing it to the 80s classic Kickstart and similar racing games.
- “…those looking for pick-up-and-play driving action should look into this” PS Vita Reviews – 8/10
- “This is a real gem for PlayStation Mobile – it came out of nowhere and really stands out from the crowd as being one of the best games available for PSM right now.” Vita Player – 9/10
The response to the game has been such that it has also been featured as part of Vita Player’s list of Top 25 PlayStation Mobile games.
To celebrate the game’s critical success amongst the PlayStation Vita online community, the game has now been reduced in price across all territories. The title now retails for £2.39 / €2.99 / $2.99 / 309¥ / AU$4.95 / 3.95 CHF – a reduction of 50%.
The game is available now in the PlayStation Mobile section of the PlayStation Network Store and is available for PlayStation Vita only.