The crown-funded point and click adventure Demetrios that we previewed several months ago is finally making its way to the PS Vita next month through the PSN Store. The game is a quirky point and click adventure game inspired by classics like Broken Sword, packed with tons of humour with a character who is somewhat more cynical that your typical game protagonist…
Bjorn Thonen, a slob of an antique dealer living in Paris, is robbed one night after coming home drunk. Forced to conduct his own investigation with the help of his neighbor Sandra, he ends up involved in a murky, mysterious affair. Will these unlikely heroes be able to rise up and discover ancient secrets?
The game offers situations and puzzles for beginners and experts alike, with a high degree of interactivity. Explore ridiculous item combinations, just to see what happens!
Demetrios features hand-painted visuals and animated characters in first person view, similar to visual novels. You might encounter a little pinch of Discworld (some of the humor), Gabriel Knight (comic cutscenes, characters heads/dialogs), Phoenix Wright(first person view investigation)…
- A long, varied, standalone adventure (8 to 12 hours of gameplay)
- The Point & Click and Visual Novel genres mixed together!
- Over 15,000 lines of dialog, filled with laughs!
- Hand drawn art
- High level of interactivity. Characters react to your actions!
- Fun mini-games throughout the story
- In-game hints : Search for hidden cookies on every screen for help!
The new PlayStation™ Vita version has the exact same content as the original PC release that came out earlier this year, but has been fully optimised for Sony’s portable device:
- Gamepad controls make use of sticks, D-Pad and buttons for quick selection and shortcuts, with several options such as the sticks sensitivity
- Touch controls are available, including a “magnifying glass” for spotting small hotspots like cookies
- Interface and fonts scaled up to be easy to read
- Chapter select : this version allows to restart from any completed chapter, thus making it easier to get the trophies!
- Fully translated in 6 languages : English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian
- Compatible with PlayStation™ TV
- 38 trophies to unlock, including a Platinum!
The Vita port is scheduled for simultaneous release in the EU and North America on 6th December 2016. Full review will follow soon.