The PS Vita has been pretty much absent from E3 for the last few years. Not completely though as companies like Limited Run Games have still supported the handheld and this year was no exception. The console played a major part in their live video stream earlier today for E3 2019.
The stream was broadcast on Twitch on their official channel. An astonishing 50 new titles were announced for the following year across a range of platforms. There were a few surprises, a major signing with LucasFilm to bring a range of Star Wars games to the PlayStation 4, but of most importance to us here at Vita Player was confirmation of the final PS Vita releases to come from Limited Run Games. In total, 14 new games were confirmed for the Vita and while some of these were known already, there were some surprises in store…
- Guacamelee! (14th June 2019)
- Mutant Blobs Attack!!! (14th June 2019)
- Pix The Cat (21st June 2019)
- Super Mutant Alien Assault (5th July 2019)
- Metal Slug 3 (12th July 2019)
- Atari Flashback Classics (July 2019)
- Deadbolt (Q3 2019)
- Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (TBC 2019)
- Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (TBC 2019)
- Revenant Dogma (TBC 2019)
- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (TBC 2019)
- Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (TBC 2019)
- Super Meat Boy (TBC 2019)
- Papers, Please (2020)
It was confirmed that Papers, Please is set to be the final PS Vita release of the line-up and will be released in 2020. All of the games have been manufacturer already and the stocks have been delivered to Limited Run Games. This means that once they go on sale they will be ready to ship immediately. No production quantities were revealed for any of the games.
Are there any of these you’re looking forward to getting when they are released? Let us know in the comments below.